Configuration Made Easy: Tiki has a lot of features and covers a wide range of use cases. Because of this, it is unlikely to work "out of the box" for anyone. Profiles solve this problem by storing and sharing different configurations, feature sets, permissions schemes and pre-made examples of some of the more complicated features
- Managed in wiki pages (collaborative, version history, etc.)
- Can be used not only at the initial install, but also on an existing installation.
- Install one or many, even if they overlap (the last one installed wins if there are any conflicts)
- Profiles can include other profiles (several small profiles making a large one)
- Not just for settings, but also for data
- Since there is no extra code, can be designed for very specific, long tail uses. We can have hundreds of profiles for an out-of-the-box experience, with a single code-base!
- Permits power users & admins to share their experience
- Can even be used to support Using Profiles for bug reports
Marc Laporte showcases Tiki Profiles
^Invalid YouTube URL provided